Whether it was done to stir the pot or just to get his name in the news, Howard Eskin of WIP has sure caused a stir with the statement that the Eagles would have interest in former Packers, Jets and Vikings QB Brett Favre as a possible backup to Mike Vick.
While outlets all over the place picked up the story, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is quickly ending it, stating the following Sunday afternoon on Twitter.
Let’s end the uproar now, 2 Eagles sources tell me an emphatic No to Favre coming there to back up Michael Vick. Not the option they are on.
So there’s that. There was the interesting tidbit about the Tweet that Mike Vick sent out that stated he would love to have Favre as the teams backup that was quickly taken off his account, but maybe Vick himself didn’t want to stir the pot.
Favre’s name will continue to be in the news over the next few weeks – that’s a given. But it sounds like the Eagles are going to do what it takes to make sure their name isn’t attached to it.
Glazer’s tweet is only the start of that.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on