The Eagles announced that Michael Vick was cleared by an independent neurosurgeon Thursday and was a full participant in practice. Getting cleared by the independent doctor is the final hurdle in the NFL’s concussion handbook, so at this moment it looks all but assured that Vick will get the start this weekend when the Eagles host the Giants in their home opener.
Head coach Andy Reid already said earlier this week that if Vick was cleared to play, then he would be playing.
Vick was listed as a full participant in practice today. Speaking to the media earlier, Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said that Vick looked “great” in practice.
“Oh absolutely, yeah. He has a great mentality, he looks great so we’ll see. Like you said, it’s not quite all in his hands, so we’ll see.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on