Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News reports during an August interview with a Philadelphia radio station, Eagles electrifying quarterback Michael Vick admitted that he was mad about a comment made by Cowboys loudmouth defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.
Ryan said that he didn’t know if the Cowboys would win the preseason award for being “the all-hype team,” a reference many believed to be aimed at the Eagles because of their headline-grabbing free agent acquisitions.
Ryan added that the all-hype honor “might have gone to someone else, but we’re going to beat their [expletive] when we play them.”
Vick didn’t like those words at the time, stating that Ryan’s comments were inappropriate. However, during a Wednesday conference call, the quarterback downplayed his feelings.
On Wednesday, Vick said: “We know it’s a competitive game and sometimes people say things they regret days, weeks and months later. I think from a competitive standpoint, he was just talking. It was nothing that we really paid any attention to because we know what really counts is when you step out on the football field and whoever wins and loses the game, that’s what matters.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on