Mr. Destiny on DeSean Jackson’s shaky situation
The decision to bench DeSean Jackson forced the Eagles to start Steve Smith and lose the edge Jason Avant was providing as an effective #3 wide receiver. They also took the hit on special teams, costing the Eagles the game in the long run. Given his abrupt benching, we can read only two things into it.
Either Jackson has committed the offense multiple times and this was the last straw, or this team as a whole has skimped on their responsibilities and Jackson was made example of. Regardless, Andy Reid made a decision which put the nail in the coffin for the Eagles.
Vick was constantly pounded and under pressure most of the day since his receivers could not get separation, and finished with 128 yards with two interceptions. He amassed 79 yards on the ground, falling short of McCoy by only two yards for the day. McCoy did provide the only offensive score behind his 81 and was the only bright spot other than an Eagles defense which returned an interception for a score.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on