The Philadelphia Eagles announced the signing of free agent safety Tom Nelson.
Nelson takes the roster spot of Colt Anderson, the team’s leader in special teams tackles (11) who was placed on injured reserve after tearing the ACL in his left knee during Thursday night’s 31-14 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
Originally signed by the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent out of Illinois State in 2009, Nelson has 34 tackles and an interception in 20 games, three starts, over the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Waived by the Bengals in late August, Nelson worked out for the Eagles on October 11.
Nelson has also had workouts with the Chicago Bears (10/26), Jacksonville Jaguars (10/31) and last week with the Minnesota Vikings.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on