The Philadelphia Eagles announced that wide receiver Steve Smith has been placed on injured reserve.
Signed to a one-year deal in August, Smith started one of the nine games he appeared for the Eagles, catching 11 passes for 124 yards, including a 14-yard touchdown reception in a 17-10 win over his former team, the New York Giants, on November 20.
Smith had missed the last two games with a knee injury.
Roster move: To replace Smith on the 53-man roster, the Eagles have promoted defensive tackle Cedric Thornton from the practice squad. Signed by the Eagles an undrafted free agent out of Southern Arkansas, the 6-foot-4, 309-pound Thornton had five tackles in four preseason games before he was released and re-signed to the practice squad at the start of the season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on