The Eagles are planning to give LeSean McCoy a shot at the rushing title, according to Tim McManus of Philadelphia Sports Daily.
Marty Mornhinweg acknowledged on Thursday that the team has discussed taking a run at it so long as it’s “within the structure” of the offense.
“It’s on our minds,” said center Jason Kelce. “We’d have to have a really good day. The main focus is winning but it is on our minds. We want him to get as much recognition as he can get.”
With 1,309 rushing yards to date, McCoy is 128 behind league-leader Maurice Jones-Drew, who has 318 attempts compared to McCoy’s 273.
McCoy did not practice Wednesday but did suit up Thursday. Mornhinweg sounded optimistic that his back would be on the field Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on