Philadelphia Eagles tight end Brent Celek was a passenger in an early Thursday morning car accident that has resulted in the arrest of the driver for driving under the influence of alcohol.
No injuries were reported in the accident, which occurred at 2:30am ET on a highway off-ramp near Lincoln Financial Field.
“Thankfully, no one was injured and, to our knowledge, Brent is not facing any legal charges,” an Eagles spokesman said in an email to the Philadelphia Daily News.
Celek turned 27 on Wednesday and is coming off a season where he caught 62 passes for 811 yards and five touchdowns. In 80 career games with the Eagles, the 2007 fifth-round pick out of Cincinnati has 223 receptions for 2,789 yards and 19 touchdowns and signed a six-year, $29.25 million contract extension in December of 2009.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on