The Eagles aren’t putting Tom Brady or the Patriots on a pedestal, Tim McManus of ESPN reports.
Right tackle Lane Johnson made that perfectly clear moments after their 38-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC title game.
According to Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, the Patriots were installed as 5.5-point favorites in Super Bowl LII.
“I know,” said Johnson. “Hey, Tom Brady. Pretty boy Tom Brady. He’s the best quarterback of all time, so, nothing I’d like to do more than dethrone that guy.”
The Eagles were underdogs in both the divisional round and the NFC Championship Game and overcame the odds to punch their ticket to Minneapolis. There was no sense in the locker room late Sunday night that they were satisfied, nor of trepidation about facing Brady and the five-time champion Patriots.
“Greatest quarterback of all time, but that doesn’t mean that he’s unbeatable,” said safety Malcolm Jenkins. “We’ve got a destination that we’re geared to. No matter who’s in front of us, we’ve got somewhere to go.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on