Eagles head coach Doug Pederson continues to make it clear the team is not concerned with quarterback Carson Wentz’s recovery from a torn ACL, saying, his QB will be “ready when he’s ready” according to Tim McManus of ESPN.com.
“I’m not going to rush him out there. I’m not going to expose him,” said Pederson. “Right now, we’re encouraged with the progress he’s making.” Wentz has been cleared for some rehab activities including throwing, but is not close to practicing yet and probably won’t see any reps during the preseason.
Of course, it is much easier not to worry about when Wentz will return when you have an insurance policy like Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles.
The goal for Wentz is to have him ready Week 1 of the regular season against the Atlanta Falcons but the team will still be in good hands if Foles is under center for the game.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on