The Eagles re-signed wide receiver Markus Wheaton on Tuesday and put tight end Richard Rodgers on injured reserve.
Rodgers was in line to to be third tight end behind Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert but suffered a knee injury and has been sidelined for the past couple of weeks.
Wheaton was originally signed by the Eagles in May. He was released as the team trimmed its roster to 53 over the weekend. The re-signing of Wheaton helps bolster a receiving corps that will be without Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) on Thursday against the Falcons. Second-year wideout Mack Hollins was ruled out for Thursday by coach Doug Pederson on Tuesday. He’s been dealing with a groin injury and missed practice Monday.
Wheaton has 110 career receptions for 1,559 yards with eight touchdowns in five seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago Bears.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on
- Eagles RB Darren Sproles Set to Return to Action for the Team Monday Night on
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on