Veteran Eagles running back Darren Sproles has been once against ruled out for the team’s Week 8 contest against the Jaguars and will not be traveling with the team to London according to Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The 35-year-old Sproles has not practice or played since injuring his hamstring in the season opener and there seems to be no timetable for his return.
In his absence, Corey Clement and Wendell Smallwood will continue to be featured in a backfield committee that also involves promising undrafted rookie Josh Adams. It would not be a surprise to see the Eagles make at least a minor move to shore up their running game before the trade deadline next Tuesday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on