The Eagles suffered another blow to their defense in their loss on Sunday, as cornerback Ronald Darby suffered a torn ACL according to Tim McManus of ESPN.
The injury did not look good on the field Sunday night, and coach Doug Pederson confirmed the worst on Monday morning. Already struggling at corner, the Eagles will now be without their best option for the rest of the season.
That does not bode well for the team’s fortunes as they travel to New Orleans to take on the high-flying Saints in Week 11.
And the injury could not have come at a worst time for Darby. Originally a second-round pick out of Florida State by the Buffalo Bills in 2015, the 24-year-old is on the last year of his rookie contract and is set to become a free agent in March.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on