The Eagles laid a big upset on the #1 seed in the NFC on Sunday in the New Orleans Saints, and also at the same time may have just found their quarterback of the future.
Rookie Jalen Hurts played a solid first game against a very good defense, as he wound up with 273 total yards and a passing score in the win.
Hurts was effective in moving the team, and got help in the run game with a huge 89-yard touchdown run from Miles Sanders.
It seems like a no-brainer, but today Hurts was named as the starter as the team will be back in action Sunday against the Cardinals on the road.
?: FOX pic.twitter.com/o6GFAFOG14
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) December 13, 2020
While the team may have their QB in place, the team does need a new starting safety.
Safety Rodney McLeod tore his ACL in the win over the Saints, ending his 2020 campaign.
McLeod was a valuable part of the team’s defense, as he has started all 13 games that the Eagles have played.
Before going down with the injury, he had played every single defensive snap for the team.
This season he’s put up 66 tackles with a pick and two fumble recoveries. He’s inked for 2021 with a base salary of $3.75 million.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Eagles Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Eagles Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Philadelphia Eagles news.
- Eagles Bring Back Wide Out Markus Wheaton, Place TE Richard Rodgers on IR on
- Report: Eagles Chatting with a Couple High Profile Free Agent Running Backs on
- Pass Rusher Connor Barwin Wants Back with the Eagles in 2019 on
- Miles Sanders the Feature Back in 2019 for the Eagles? Not So Fast on
- Report: Huge Deal Coming for QB Carson Wentz and the Eagles on